NOTE: This hackathon site is being updated regularly as the event details are finalised.
List of mentors is added.
Last Updated on December 07, 2018 at 9:35pm Pakistan Standard Time.
This event is only for those who have registered for the hackathon and have recevied acceptance email.
Calling All Civic-Minded Geeks!
Jazz, Code for Pakistan and OPEN Islamabad brings the biggest and most exciting Hackathon of the year 'Jazz SDG Hackathon' happening in Islamabad on the second weekend of December 2018. This is going to be a 2.5 days long Hackathon starting on 7th December and concluding on 9th December, 2018.
If you believe you:
- Have a great idea that you want to bring to reality.
- Like working with intelligent people.
- Have skills in web or mobile development, design, mapping, data analysis, research, subject matter expertise in SDGs or the civic space.
- Have what it takes to innovate on top of government information and services.
Come, utilize your talent and creative skills in transforming Pakistan in line with 5 of the selected SDGs for the better.
During this weekend, you will learn design thinking, open-source hacking for social good, receive mentoring and input from domain experts in government and local organizations, have opportunities to network, and work in teams to create solutions — all for free.
You will form teams to create prototypes that address civic and social problems in line with the Sustainable Development Goals initiative of the UN. All you need to do is bring your creativity, skills, and enthusiasm! We at Code for Pakistan will do the rest. We will bring together great mentors to assist you. There will be lots of energy and excitement through creative activities. Not to mention a lot of food and swags.
SDGs selected for the hackathon are for participants to focus their projects and solutions on are:
- SDG Goal 3: Good Health and Well Being
- SDG Goal 4: Quality Education
- SDG Goal 5: Gender Equality
- SDG Goal 9: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG Goal 11: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
For more info visit event website.
DAY 1: Friday, December 07, 2018
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM - Registration + Tea + Networking
06:00 PM - 06:10 PM - Code for Pakistan Intro
06:10 PM - 06:20 PM - Intro by Jazz
06:20 PM - 06:30 PM - Agenda of the Day (Event Guidelines, Participation Rules, Judging Criteria)
06:30 PM - 08:30 PM - Team Formation
DAY 2: Saturday, December 08, 2018
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Registration + Tea + Networking
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM - IGDA - Gamification Workshop (Optional)
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM - Ideation + Hacking + Mentoring
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM - Lunch Break
02:00 PM - 09:00 PM - Ideation + Hacking + Mentoring
02:30 PM - 03:00 PM - Jazz Xlr8 Program (Optional)
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM - Jazz - Mobile Payment Gateway Program (Optional)
05:00 PM - 05:30 PM - Tea Break
08:00 PM - 08:30 PM - Dinner Break
09:00 PM - Day Closing
DAY 3: Sunday, December 09, 2017
09:00 AM - 09:30 AM - Registration + Tea + Networking
09:30 AM - 10:00 AM - Talk About How to Pitch
10:00 AM - 10:15 AM - Pitching Rules + Judging Criteria + Submission on DevPost and GitHub
10:15 AM - 01:00 PM - Hacking
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM - Final Submission (DevPost and GitHub)
02:00 PM - 02:45 PM - Lunch Break
03:00 PM - 05:00 PM - Final Demos and Judging
06:00 PM - 06:30 PM - Partners Acknowledgement
06:30 PM - 07:00 PM - Jazz Speaking Slot
07:00 PM - 07:30 PM - Keynote
07:30 PM - 08:00 PM - Prize Distribution and Event Closing
08:00 PM - 09:00 PM - Dinner and Networking
Here is the list of mentors: "Mentors List"
PKR300,000 in prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Everyone with passion for improving community through technology solutions is encouraged to apply to this Civic Hackathon. We encourage diversity (gender, skillsets, backgrounds, both professionals and university students, etc.).
- You do not need to have technical skills to participate. We encourage diverse backgrounds to apply, including open source developers, graphic designers, product managers, researchers, data analysts, civic innovators, subject matter experts in the fields of health, education, poverty alleviation, social change, environment, and other community services, etc.
- Participation in the Hackathon is FREE, but admission is open only to those accepted from the pool of applicants. Please do NOT register here if you were not accepted.
When you’re ready to enter your submission, go to http://isbhacks2018.devpost.com home page and click CREATE A SUBMISSION. You can also start this process and save a draft of your submission as you’re working on it.
- Make sure your code is fully functional; it compiles and runs without any major issues.
- Make sure to include good screenshots.
- Write a clear, detailed description of your application.
- Include the link to the public GitHub repo.
- Include the link to the prototype demo site.
- We recommend not creating presentation slides, but instead focusing all your time on creating a functioning demo.
- On the submission form, list all your team members by their DevPost usernames.
How to enter
Registration for this hackathon DevPost site is only open to those who had previously applied and been officially accepted. Due to space constraints, we will have to remove anyone who is not on that accepted list.
Project Director - Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Ministry of Planning, Development and Reform
CEO at Pak Alliance for Maths and Science
Head of Safety and Security, Jazz
Head of Digital Products and Solutions, Jazz
Iqbal Mustafa Khan
Found Sabaq Foundation
Head - Teradata Global Consulting Center
Innovation Officer (Lead) UNDP
CEO Channel 7 Communications (Pvt) Ltd.
Head of Innovation Challenge Fund Karandaaz
All the development work on the project must be done during the hackathon time period.
Does the project solve a relevant problem for the targeted SDG(s)?
User experience must be intuitive and clear
Does your solution solve a problem in a novel way?
Sustainability and Scalability
Is the solution sustainable and scalable?
DevPost and GitHub
Your devpost submission must be completed before 2:00pm on Sunday. Your devpost submission MUST include a link to github source repository.